The City Set Bag Collection sewing patterns are aimed at Confident Beginners.
Fancy sewing the City Set Card Wallet along with us? Check out our Sewalong on YouTube.
Medium weight stable fabrics such as cotton canvas, denims, non-stretch velvet, corduroy. Medium weight interfacing. We recommend decovil light as the heaviest interfacing choice, or you can also use multiple layers of a lighter weight interfacing. See the hardware section for additional supplies.
You will need:
– For the full City Set: 4 swivel clips, 4 d-rings, 2 sliders, 6.5m webbing, 51cm zip & 25cm zip
– Sports Bag: 2 swivel clips, 2 d-rings, 1 slider, 3m webbing for handles, 2m webbing for adjustable shoulder strap, 51cm zip. If including the optional welt pocket then you’ll also need an additional 20cm zip
– Bum Bag: 2 swivel clips, 2 d-rings, 1 slider, 1.5cm webbing for shoulder strap, 25cm zip. If including the optional welt pocket then you’ll also need an additional 15cm zip
– Card Wallet: If including the optional welt pocket then you’ll also need an additional 8cm zip
We recommend using 35mm webbing and coordinating swivel clips, D-rings and sliders, but anything between 25-40mm will work well. You may find that hardware is tricky to find in the exact size you need, however as long as your hardware is within 5mm of your webbing size (for example between 30-40mm for 35mm webbing, or 20-30mm for 25mm webbing) you shouldn’t have any problems. Jeans or heavy needles work best if using thick fabric. Size 90 and above are recommended.
We have included instructions and pattern pieces for an optional welt zip pocket that can be added to any of the projects. In the Sports Bag and Bum Bag you will need to cut an additional pocket bag piece. These are already included in the lay plans and fabric allowance.
What will I receive?
The downloadable pattern file contains:
- printable pattern (in tiled print-at-home format)
- printable pattern (in A0 format)
- printable illustrated instruction booklet
The City Set Bag Collection sewing patterns are 24 A4 paper pages, 30 US letter pages or 1 A0 page. You can find details of which pages to print for each individual project within the A4 and US Letter files.
If you purchase the PDF Pattern + Copyshop Printing option, you will also receive your pattern printed on A0 paper in the post. Find out more about our PDF Printing Service here.
So what is a PDF pattern?
A PDF pattern is a downloadable pattern that you print yourself at home on A4 or US letter paper. Alternatively you can choose to have the copyshop files printed on large A0 paper, and posted to you at home. If you’re using the A4 or US letter options, simply download, print at home, tape together and let the sewing begin! When you print the pattern, print at 100% (you might have to uncheck the scale box). Print page 1 first, the square should measure 10cm x 10cm.
Never used a PDF pattern before and would like some help? Learn everything you need to know in our handy Guide to Assembling PDF Patterns over on our blog!