We hope you are all as excited as we are about the release of our Vintage Dreaming eBook. It's the culmination of months of work from the whole SOI team and we are so proud of it. It's the latest addition to our Capsule Wardrobe eBook collection and it includes five stunning patterns (and over 20 variations!) inspired by our love of vintage.
The eBook is filled with interesting techniques and new skills to learn, designed to push your sewing to the next level. There is a lot to learn with these patterns and some beautiful me-mades to be created!
The eBook comes with clearly illustrated detailed instructions, thanks to the hard work of wonderful Nicole, our Pattern Production Manager. However, we know many of you are visual learners, and a video tutorial by our expert teachers is the best way to get your head around a tricky step. We've combed through Stitch School, our online sewing classroom, to put together a list of all the tutorials that can help you sew the gorgeous patterns included in our Vintage Dreaming eBook.
Marilyn Dress & Blouse
- How to make and insert piping into a seam
How to sew a revere collar
- How to raise a wrap neckline
- How to sew in seam pockets
- How to gather fabric multiple ways
- How to apply strap adjusters (Dress)
- How to insert a concealed zip (Dress)
- Changing dress openings for accessibility (Dress)
- How to make wool covered buttons (Jacket)
How to sew bound buttonholes (Jacket)
Vera Dress & Blouse
- An alternative method for applying interfacing
- How to stay a neckline with organza
- How to sew a narrow hem
How to sew a rolled hem on an overlocker (perfect to finish the sleeves!)
Extra tips & tricks
If you're a Stitch School Basic or Premium subscriber, great news, all of the above tutorials are included in your subscription!
Not a subscriber yet? Join today for 24/7 online access to sewing classes from teachers you can trust!